What a busy couple of weeks! I had my first baby shower, pics to come soon. I had a blast, and it was so fun to see family and friends come together in celebration of Baby H. My Mom, sister in law Johanna, and family friend Patricia did an AMAZING job of making the day spectacular. Our little one will now be the cutest dressed child ever, and will be well diapered (thanks Mom for the amazing diaper cakes!!!). We had fun playing games (of which I got to take home a huge bottle filled with SweetTarts), oohing and aweing over all the adorable clothes, and enjoying yummy food. It was an incredibly fun day.
I also had an appointment with our perinatologist this past week. I was pleased with our appointment on several accounts. I always fear doctors looking at me as diabetic and lumping me in with others who take mediocre care of their blood sugars. Because I’m anal, and my A1C’s have been in the 4.6-4.8 range, I don’t have the same potential complications as another diabetic with a higher A1C. My perinatologist made a comment that my A1C’s were incredible, and because of that I’ll be able to carry Baby H much longer than expected. He did note though, even with tight control, it doesn’t benefit the baby to stay in past week 36; which is considered full term. If any out of range blood sugar happens to sprout up after that, it can do serious harm to the baby. So in preparation of an eviction date of Feb 7th at the latest, I’ll begin my non-stress tests (NST) in a week or so, and then will continue those 2-4 times a week until week 36. A NST is when they look at the baby's heart rate and monitor her heart rate when she moves, and they look for any contractions on my end. He said as long as everything continues to look good with her development, I'll be on track for only one amnio right before they induce to ensure her lungs are fully developed. They will induce if all goes well with the tests during week 36 and baby will be here on or before Feb 7th. Wow right?!?
We were also able to get an awesome 3D shot of Baby H's face, which has been next to impossible up to this point! She finally cooperated and it was so neat to see her little face. I know I'm biased, but she's already adorable :-) She's measuring tall with long legs, and right on track for her weight. Her heart looks great, and her brain is beautiful according to the peri. Yahoo, she's already a model and a rocket scientist. Not bad.
After getting home from the peri, it hit me that I only have 6 more weeks until the baby is here! Yikes! I've started to feverishly organize her room, and my Mom is coming to paint next week. Not to worry, we'll be using a non-toxic, no VOC, fume free paint from Sherwin Williams called Duration. And after a few trips to Babies R Us, I think we're well on our way to having the nursery feel a bit more complete.
Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment