Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Getting close!!

We are getting close to meeting our little Zoey! She dropped early last week, and my OB mentioned that it could be any time now. We still have the amnio scheduled for next Tuesday, the 16th, but I'm secretly hoping to go into labor before then. The signs are pointing away from me going into labor on my own as of today, I'm not dilated and no sign of regular contractions....but a girl can hope :-) I am still attending my biweekly NST sessions, and they are going great. I am having contractions, but nothing too serious or regular at this point. Zoey is as active as can be, we often joke that she's trying to kick her way out of me, and the peri is happy with her heart rate activity. Now we just have to wait, and it's killing us!!

Diabetes wise, things are going as expected. I've hit the max amount of insulin resistance so far, but knowing that I only have a few weeks at most left gets me through the day! My A1C has continued to hover around a 5.0, and I can't wait to eat carbs in just a few days/weeks. I even have my first post-pregnancy meal planned :-) I can't wait for my In-N-Out grilled cheese and french fries. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it now. Is it Tuesday yet?!? SO much to look forward to :-)

Here's an updated picture of my belly progress. Hoping my next picture update is of Zoey!!



4 comments:

  1. You're doing great! I'm praying that she comes quickly and painlessly. Hey, we can ask for that, right? I'm super excited to meet this little one! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy :-) Heck yeah we can pray for that!! I sure am :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You are doing such a great job!! I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to hear how the next several weeks go! You should be so proud of yourself for working so hard during this pregnancy... goodness knows I know it is not even close to being easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Suzanne :-) You're right it's SO not easy, but so worth it! Keep up the good work on your end too. You're doing such a great job. I've been following your blog too!! You are so right, you CAN do this. Wohoo! You guys are getting so close too. Wow, time flies!!

    ReplyDelete