Monday, November 16, 2009

A bowl full of jelly


taebo06.jpg


The only explanation for our weekend shenanigans is that our daughter somehow enrolled herself in a Tae Bo class while I was sleeping and was simply practicing her new moves. On Saturday morning I started to feel her move just like normal, and called Dave over to feel her cute little bursts of motion. A few minutes later, I felt a slightly stronger kick and then WHAM a punch coupled with a hard kick. I yelped, and started laughing because it caught me by surprise. Honestly, I think she was quite proud of herself because she kept doing the same motion of kicking and punching at the same time for a good 48 hours. No joke!! I thought it was cute and slightly impressive at first that she could simultaneously kick my bladder and ribs in one swift movement. I even laughed when I looked down and saw my entire belly jiggle from the intensity. I immediately thought of the episode of Friends where Chandler dresses up like Santa Claus and was upset that he "didn't get to shake his belly like a bowl full of jelly.” But then I started to worry because she wasn’t sleeping! Literally all night and all the next day she was still punching and kicking away, I began to worry that something was wrong with her. I found myself googling this phenomenon and apparently it's pretty common during the end of the second trimester. At first I thought maybe my blood sugar was on the higher side and she was responding to the extra glucose, I think I must have tested 30 times on Saturday....but to no avail, my blood sugar wasn’t able to serve as an explanation for her erratic behavior. I’m chalking it up to a rare circumstance, and refuse to believe it’s a preview of what’s to come. Ignorance is bliss :-P

On another note, I saw my Endo today and had a great visit. I was a bit apprehensive about the appointment because even though I’ve cut out all starches and seriously have been *loving* eating chicken and steamed veggies every-single-night-until-I-give-birth-to-this-awesome-child; my blood sugars are still having fun giving me a run for my money. I was kinda worried that my A1C would be higher than the range I’ve been in, but I was pleasantly surprised. My A1C is at a 4.9. We made some slight changes to some overnight basal rates, and that’s about it. Wohoo.

Now on to more important things, like where can I get some adult diapers to have on hand for when Baby H gets big enough to kick me in the bladder with some serious force…

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness for Google!

    If she kicks and punches like that now, it sounds like it will be fun changing her diaper when she doesn't want you to! Ah, all that fun to look forward to! I love the fact that she already has her own personality and I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete