Monday, January 4, 2010

Busy busy busy!

It's been a busy couple of weeks! I had my first NST last week. It was much quicker than I had expected, and our little one did well and moved on command. She was squirming around great, and I had no contractions during the test. Wohoo! I will continue the NST's twice a week as long as the results are looking good. My Mom was in town helping us paint the nursery, so she joined me for my first NST. It was nice to have the company during the test :-)

On the diabetes front, all is well. My A1C is hovering around a 4.8-5.0, and no big hormone surges have affected my resistance much. I'm hoping this continues for the next month!

I had an appointment with my Endo today. She's been gone for a couple weeks (I saw another Endo while she was gone), and caught her up on my peri's assesment of a delivery at 36 weeks. She said that sounds great, and I would need to be in the hospital for a couple days while I am administered steroids to mature the baby's lungs. The steroids will screw with my blood sugars big time, and I'll need mega doses of insulin (more than my pump can hold) and will need to be on an insulin drip. The steroids have to be administered before week 34 to be effective, which puts me in the hospital sometime in the next 2 weeks. At least this time I'll be able to prepare and bring my own PJ's :-)

As we are getting closer to meeting Baby H, Dave and I are getting so excited. We continually are praising God for his provision and the miracle of life. It's been a rough road, but we feel very blessed to be surrounded by His grace and love. We have such amazing friends and family that have supported us so much in our journey, just wanted to give a shout out to the amazing people in our life. Thank you!!

1 comment: