What a fantastic week (minus the tornados and crazy weather in Santa Barbara)! I'm already 34 weeks pregnant, and definitely feeling 34 weeks pregnant :-) We had a nice visit with the perinatologist this week and he gave us great news. NO steroids needed at all, which is a great relief. I would have had to be admitted to the hospital this week to have them administered, and he pushed back my induction by a week and a half! Wohoo!! My next appointment with him is in three weeks, and he'll do the amino then to determine if her lungs are developed. If they are, he'll move forward with the induction. I'm not sure if it will be that very day or the next, but we'll cross that bridge soon enough. It was music to our ears because he noted that the only reason he was able to push back the induction a bit was due to my above average diabetes management. He said the baby was average for her weight, she's almost 5 pounds, and in the 40% percentile. He explained that if my A1C had been more out of range during my pregnancy, the baby would most likely be a lot larger by this point, and he would have chosen to induce a lot earlier. It was nice to have him recognize that I was actually the diabetic I said I was at our first appointment :-P If all goes to plan, we'll meet our daughter in a little over 3 weeks. Exciting, yes. Terrifying, yes that too.
My full time job continues to be professional patient :-) I am now going to at least 5 doc appointments a week, and starting to go into autopilot when I get in my car. For example, I was meeting some girlfriends for lunch today, and zoned out while driving to lunch. Before I knew it, I was halfway to my perinatologist's office. Yikes! However, the silver lining to all these appointments is that we are 100% sure that she's healthy and progressing nicely. It's nice to hear her little heartbeat on a regular basis, and see her often.
On a funny note, I know every Mom goes into some form of 'nesting' during their third trimester. But somehow I think I've become a Super-Nester, and not by choice. Seriously, it's out of control. The other night I decided that the entire kitchen HAD to be cleaned out and scrubbed floor to ceiling. Dave tried to reason with me, but he lost that argument real fast. Mind you I HATE bending over if it's not necessary, and would rather eat poop than smell any sort of cleaning product in the house. But somehow found it imperative that the kitchen be bleached and completely reorganized. I couldn't function normally until the task at hand was completed. The next night I proceeded to FREAK OUT because none of my toiletries had been labeled for the hospital. And the night prior to kitchen incident, I was very worried that I didn't have the proper assortment of clothes in each size for the baby. And preceded to spend hours, yes HOURS, finalizing a spreadsheet that depicted each category of clothing in the proper size. I literally couldn't sleep until this too was completed. Something tells me these aren't normal activities. But somehow my hormones have taken over the rational side of me, and the Super-Nester Momvillian has emerged. Hopefully this will pass soon....
Here's some updated pics of our little one. In the first picture she's sucking on the umbilical cord, and she's yawning the in the second one. Yeah, she's pretty awesome!!


You just made my night! I'm so happy to hear how everything is working out. Zoey is an all-star! (and a cutie!)
ReplyDeleteThanks Amy, we think so too...but we're kinda biased :-)
ReplyDeleteAwesome KT! So happy to hear that all your hard work and patience paid off. Can't believe it's the final stretch!
ReplyDeleteAwesome news all around!! You must be so thrilled!!! Gosh, three weeks... I still have about 9 or 10 (hopefully) and am a nervous wreck, haha!
ReplyDeleteThanks guys!! I know, it's crazy to think it's right around the corner. Wohoo!!!
ReplyDeleteHang in there Suzanne, you're doing great. It will go by quickly, I promise :-)